PASTOR’S OFFICE HOURS
Pinckneyville - August 3, August 4 (morning), August 6 (morning)
Murphysboro - August 4 (afternoon), August 5
Receipts for Sunday, July 26, 2020: Regular Offering $540.00
AMOUNT NEEDED WEEKLY TO MEET THE BUDGET: $1165.70. Your contributions are needed now more than ever. If you are not comfortable with attending right now you can send your contributions to the church
at 51 Crescent Drive, Murphysboro, IL, 62966. So, please send in your regular offerings, as you are able.
Please make your per capita donation for 2020 if you haven’t done so. It’s $42 per person. This supports the work of
the wider denomination, such as the Office of the General Assembly, the Synod of Lincoln Trails, and our Presbytery.
The Sacrament of Communion will be celebrated on Sunday, August 2 at 10:45 a.m. Pre-filled communion elements will be used once again.
The Session will meet on August 5 at 12:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
Rural King is honored to host Church Week August 2, 2020 through August 15, 2020. Through this program customers can support their local Christian churches, schools, and radio stations.
During Church Week, customers can choose a registered organization,
like First Presbyterian Church, to donate to and begin uploading their receipts. All receipts must be uploaded to www.ruralking.com/churchweek by September 1, 2020. Receipts must be dated between August 2, 2020 and August 15, 2020 to qualify. Rural King will donate 10% of each valid Rural King receipt’s total after sales tax to First Presbyterian Church. All donations will be provided by September 15, 2020 by your local Rural King.
The Murphysboro Food Pantry is low on food, boxed food in particular, like macaroni and cheese & boxed meals. If you pick some up, you can bring it to the Church or you can take it to the Pantry directly.
We resumed in-person worship on June 7. These are the guidelines we are following regarding COVID-19, based on guidance from the government and our denomination.
1. When we celebrate communion, you will pick up your individual, pre-packaged communion elements from tables in the back of the church and use them during communion and then leave the packaging materials in the communion cup holders in the hymnal racks.
2. It is highly recommended that everyone wear a mask to the service and during the service.
3. Family units which have been sheltering in place together may sit together. Otherwise, everyone must stay six feet apart and sit two pew lengths apart.
4. No handshaking or hugging.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use when you enter and leave the building.
6. All hymnals will be removed from the sanctuary. We will not sing. We will only have instrumental music.
7. Do your best to have your offerings prepared ahead of time. Offerings may be placed in an offering plate located in the back of the sanctuary. You may leave your offering upon entering or leaving the building.
8. For the time being, we will not have a time of coffee and refreshments.
9. Please do not linger too long after the service but exit in a timely manner.
10. If we can all follow these guidelines, while worship may be a lot different, we will still be able to joyfully worship the Lord and fellowship together! We will get through this!
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS
ABOUT ATTENDING DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, PLEASE CONTACT PASTOR SAM.
How to Connect With The Churches Via Facebook And The Websites
Pinckneyville Website: http://1upcpville.com/index.html
Pinckneyville Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/firstunitedpresbyterianpinckneyville/
Murphysboro Website: http://fpcmurphysboro.org/
Murphysboro Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/First-Presbyterian-Church-1517609008538913/
The Facebook pages are where you will find the Facebook Live worship services, which are continuing
even though we have resumed in-person worship. A number of people are connecting to our services through Facebook, for which we are grateful.